Pages

Blogroll

About

Blogger news

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Who Do You Rely On?

I just finished the college recruiting process with my twin daughters. This will be the 7th time I labored through this crazy process in my own household.

The confusion, the ambiguity, the uncertainty is maddening.

Even though all my children were highly recruited, there was not one moment of tranquility until the acceptance letters arrived...or they signed the N.L.I. However, I knew I had a distinct advantage because I have gone through this with over 100 families as the Director of Everest Recruiting Consulting and The Sting.

One thing I was certain of during my daughter's recruiting...I could never let my guard down. The process simply does not lend itself to predictability...that much I was sure of.

People often ask me when they should begin preparing for the college search. The answer is absolutely the Sophomore year. Many of the most competitive recruiting LAX camps  now have sessions for rising Sophomores! Coaches are ever more aware of the need to identify talent earlier. The talent pool is so big and the sport is growing so fast on a national basis, that you would be hard pressed to find a reason to wait until your son's Junior year to begin making sense of what you are up against.

Read some of the testimonials from parents/players who have relied upon us. You will come away with a sense of how emotional the process is. You will also hopefully come away with a sense of how dedicated we are when a family retains us to be their advocate and guide in understanding the complexities of the recruiting process. These testimonials come from an incredibly diverse group of families and locations.  They are blue collar, they are Wall Street executives, they are Doctors, Lawyers, they are single parents. They come from Texas, New Hampshire, Carolina, New York, Maryland and more. They all came to us through referrals.

We are proud of our accomplishments in helping these Lacrosse families.  They knew they had an ally in helping their son make the most important decision in his life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment